Are you thinking about a change of flooring in your home? There are so many flooring options to choose from these days, and a new floor can entirely change the look of a room. Perhaps one option you are considering is laminate flooring.
Similar to a hardwood flooring installation, laminate is installed by fitting together multiple pieces or panels which form the entire floor. It is generally comprised of fiberboard with a melamine resin. When determining if laminate flooring is right for you, however, its always wise to look at the pros and cons.
Some of the pros to laminate flooring are:
- It’s generally a cheaper option than some other types of flooring.
- Laminate flooring is usually easy to install.
- There are many different styles options. These largely fall under what would be considered the hardwood category, but there are other style selections available too, like marble or granite effect.
What are some of the cons?
- For varied reasons this sort of flooring can shift or move. Also, if the subfloor is holding a lot of moisture or if there is a leak of some kind, the laminate could begin to buckle or warp.
- The chemical formaldehyde is found in the melamine resin that comprises laminate flooring, which can become a health concern. There are products available, however, that contain less toxins.
So, after this brief consideration we can see that there are many benefits to choosing laminate flooring due its variety of style options and lower cost. But, do your research on it before you make the final decision, and check that the floor underneath is in good shape