Covid-19 concerns during a home inspection
A home inspection is a vital part of a home purchase. Top Choice Home Inspections believes that home inspections can continue during the COVID-19 outbreak when prudent safety precautions are practiced and when performing the inspection that does not conflict with government orders and recommendations.
Everyone involved with the home inspection is responsible for helping with safety. The following advice is based on current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Ohio Department of Health and InterNACHIs COVID-19 Guidelines. People should be aware that the situation is changing constantly and should monitor the CDC & ODH for official updates and recommended behavior.
Recommendations for the Buyer:
- Stay safe. If you wish to attend, recommend doing so towards the end of the inspection (last 1/2 to 1 hr for review) and practice social distancing, remaining at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- If you choose not to be present at the inspection due to the concerns of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), I’ve got you covered! The detail in my report will make you feel as if you were there for the inspection and I can follow up with a call to you after the inspection.
- Do not attend the inspection if you feel sick, or if you exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness. Contact your medical provider.
- Do not bring children, relatives, contractors, and others to the inspection.
- Use hand sanitizer before entering and before leaving the home. Avoid touching your face.
- Touch as few things in the home as possible. I will have disposable nitrile gloves available for the buyer and their agent.
Recommendations for the Seller:
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone in the home feels sick, or exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness. Contact your medical provider.
- Do not attend the inspection. Make arrangements for relatives, and others to be out of the home during the inspection.
- Wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, toilet handles, and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection. Be sure the wipe instructions allow use on the surface.
- Before I leave the inspection, I will also be using sanitizing wipes to wipe down items that may have been touched during the inspection.
A moment like this is a reminder about how we all need to band together to overcome challenges and complexities.
I’m happy to answer any questions about Covid-19 concerns during a home inspection.
Please feel free to contact me. 330-614-0054